Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Series to Read Before You Die

I started reading this thrilling series in 6th grade. The first book I had read the summary of and was a little weirded-out. So I set the book back on the Barnes and Noble shelf. Then the book pops up again about a month later in the best-sellers crate, and it intrigues me, so I pick it up and bring it to the cashier.

I was so thrilled after reading the first book and frustrated at myself for not getting the second book the same time I got the first, what with the cliff-hanger ending and all. I begged my mom to take me to Barnes and Noble right after school via text message. After dinner she took me to the store and I bought the next two books in the series (in case there was a cliff hanger ending - which there was!). This pattern continued for weeks until I had read the first four books. I was a little disappointed to see that Sara Shepard had written another set of books, because it seemed as if the story had ended. Apparently not! I did not read the 5th book for a while. I found it ironic how my sister told me the complete ending just after I had started the 5th up again.

I had planned on reading it again, but I just felt that it wouldn't be as good because I couldn't gasp out loud anymore in suprise. And so the 5th book of Pretty Little Liars still sits on my shelf, just waiting to be picked up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment